Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Experimenting means Learning

This week I am doing something entirely different. I had a small gas/oil spill on my carport concrete in the front of my house and it made some rainbow type of colors. It was cloudy so I decided to use my flash and try different exposures for this learning project. Later, in post processing I came up with some interesting color combination's buy using compensations.
All of these shots were taken with my Nikon D90, Sigma 70-200mm @ 200 on my Proline tripod topped with an Acratech Ball head.

This first one is close to what it looked like without doing anything.

On this one I underexposed by several stops.

Highly over exposed came up with these dark blues

The same shot as above but not as heavily over exposed

A little different manipulation

A different viewpoint

I saved this one for last as it is my favorite. By taking some color away and then heavily overexposing I came up with this one. Viewed on a big on screen this looks like it could be a space shot of stars that are leading into deep deep space.
I found this week to be exciting as I am learning some differences of color in taking a simple spot of oil and transforming it into some beautiful color swatches. I am sure if I took a couple of these oil swatches into Photoshop I could come up with even more designs. I may just do that a little later in the week.
Thanks for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment