Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dury Photography CLass

I took an all day class in Nashville at Dury's Camera Shop. I have been to several classes there and really like what they do.
The class was called "Taking it to the next Level", The instructor was Bill Fortney. An absolute great photographer, instructor and above all a fantastic and happy Person. Bill works for Nikon, but this was not a Nikon class.
Bill has a different approach for his class in that it just isn't numbers, f stops, aperture setting and whatevers. He introduced us to a better approach in taking our photos. By showing many different slide shows, talking about the pics and then showing us the how, why and most of all the thinking process behind the picture.
We did go over some equipment, bags and cameras and yes Lenses. Bill is not one that thinks you should have every lens that Nokon makes.
I came away from the class better informed than I have ever been before.
We also had a plus in a real celebrity was in the class with us as well.

Ricky Skaggs
I guess that he is an avid amateur Photographer as well as one of the best musicians that there is in Bluegrass.
After much thought on the ride home I will have to say that this was the BEST Photography class I have ever been to.
If you would like to know more about Bill Fortney check out his web site and blog.
Here is the web site: http://www.billfortney.net/Welcome.html
and his blog that is called:
The Pilgrims Chronicles: http://tinyurl.com/ykro5fc
After viewing both you should be able to tell just what kind of a person Bill is. To me a Family man, A devout Christian, a Photograspher and real all around good guy that loves his Family, God and life.
I hope that he is in our area again so I can take another class with him.
phil

No comments:

Post a Comment