Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm a couple of days late on my blog, but we have been a little busy. I've also strayed from my regular shooting of barns although I do include a hand made Log Cabin.

Lets start off with the "Log Cabin" This was handmade by Jack Clark who always wanted to live in a Log Home but really didn't have the $$ for it. I think that Jack has done a really great job in his project. You can see all of the pictures that I took of his "cabins" @ http://picasaweb.google.com/phil.burtfarm/WednesdayShoot272909#
please visit this site and put some comments in at the bottom of the picture.

While at the Cabin location on the side of the "Chapel" many vines were growing and this hibiscus syrica (Rose of Sharon) just jumped out at me. I loved it. I wanted the background to not interfere with it so I took a darker than usual picture and then jumped into Nikon Capture NX2 and did some post processing of it. I really do like the results.
Please let me know what you think.
This last one for this week is a little whimsical. Some friends at Church drove their newly acquired VW kit car over and I took some shots at night which mainly illuminated the yellow on the car. I then went into NX2 again to completely darken all areas except the car. After doing so I realized that the car almost looks as if it were flying, hence my name for this photo is "The Flying Car"

Well thats all for this week. I hope that next week will feature a couple of shots from my new lens that should arrive this next Monday. A Sigma 70-200 mm, F2.8. A fast piece of glass that I hope over time I will master.
Have a really great week and "Thanks" for viewing.
phil

No comments:

Post a Comment